You inherit many physical traits from your family; problem veins can be one of those traits. If problem veins run in your family, and you suffer from painful, unsightly varicose and spider veins,start a new family tradition by improving your veins with Dr. Mimi Lee’s “Vein Families” treatment program.
Turn to a leading vein specialist
Dr. Lee developed her “Vein Families” treatment program after years of seeing patients with inherited vein problems. As the most experienced and highly trained vein specialist in the region, Dr. Lee has devoted her entire medical practice to helping people with their vein issues and aesthetic care needs. Her treatments are quick, easy and usually require little, if any, downtime.
Dr. Lee personally treats her patients, using innovative, in-office, minimally-invasive procedures that can deliver incredible results.
Dr. Lee will first take time to understand your concerns and desires. During your initial visit with Dr. Lee, she will:
- Evaluate your current leg vein problem and how it developed.
- Consider any previous vein treatments you have had performed.
- Review other medical conditions that need to be considered.
- Perform a thorough physical examination, which may include a painless ultrasound for a more accurate diagnosis.
- Analyze all diagnostic information to develop a personalized treatment plan just for you and your needs and goals.
Depending on what Dr. Lee discovers during the evaluation process, she may recommend one of the following treatments:
- Non-surgical treatments such as leg elevation and compression stockings that can reduce swelling and aches but may not address the underyling issue.
- Sclerotherapy that involves gentle micro-injection of a medication into the problem veins.
- ClosureFAST (Venefit™) that collapses or closes unhealthy veins using very gentle radio frequency heat energy.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy that allows for safe removal of branches of bulging veins when sclerotherapy or ClosureFAST (Venefit) would not be effective.
To get a better idea of what you can expect from treatment, check out the Photos section to see before and after photos.
Download an Information Sheet (PDF).
Find out which vein treatment is right for you. Call now to learn more – 501.588.3143 – or schedule an appointment